Keats-Shelley Prize 2012
THE KEATS-SHELLEY PRIZE 2012
Competition for Essays and Poems on Romantic Themes
£3,000 in Prize Money
Winning Entries will be published
Essays can be on any aspect of the works or lives of Keats, Shelley, Mary Shelley, Byron and their circles.
The theme for the poem this year is Gold.
Prize Chair 2012: award winning travel writer and novelist Colin Thubron CBE, President of the Royal Society of Literature.
Judges panel: poets John Hartley-Williams and Matthew Sweeney;
Professor Simon Bainbridge and Professor Sharon Ruston.
The deadline for entries is 30th June 2012
Conditions of Entry
- Entries can be emailed in Microsoft Word format to: firstname.lastname@example.org Email entries will be acknowledged. If you wish to enter by post please send 3 typed copies on A4, to Keats Shelley Competition, c/o Beaufort Montague Harris Solicitors, Old Bank House 79 Broad Street, Chipping Sodbury, BS37 6AD. These entries will not be acknowledged.
- All entries must be accompanied by the Entrants Form that can be downloaded from this website with your personal contact details and posted/emailed with your entry. NB all entries are sent to the judges anonymously so please do not put your name on the actual entry.
- Each entry costs £5.00; you may enter up to two poems and/or two essays. Cheques should be made payable to Keats-Shelley Memorial Association and sent to the address above. Please put your name and address on the reverse so we can link it to your entry.
- The entries must be unpublished either in print or online and original work not previously submitted. Copyright remains with you but your entry will be deemed as consent to first publication in journals nominated by the KSMA.
- Poems must not exceed 40 lines. They should focus on the theme of ‘Gold’ and should not be a pastiche.
- Essays should not exceed 3,000 words including quotations, all sources must be acknowledged.
- Entering the competition will be deemed to indicate full acceptance of all the conditions above.
Winners and runners up will be notified in August and a presentation ceremony will take place in London in October. The winners will be announced on the website at that time.
Latest News & Events
On Sa ...
We would ...
Mary Shelley - Spirit of Place: A temporary exhibition at the Keats-Shelley House 4 May - 30 June 2018
14 Fe ...
The Keat ...
ILLUMINATING POETRY – PRE-RAPHAELITE & BEYOND ...